Student Art Fair  January 22-25, 2022

Student Art Fair - Eligibility & Guidelines

 

Eligibility

Students ages 16 - 18 are eligible. Must be enrolled in a public, private, homeschool, or college in Burleigh, Morton, or Sioux county. 

 

Submission Guidelines

One submission per student. Please complete the entry form and include it with the submitted artwork.

 

Artwork must be original work of the student and may be any medium. Please include the dimensions of the piece as indicated on the entry form. Click here to access Entry Form

 

Please sign your artwork, either on the back or the front.

 

If the artwork is a drawing or painting, please have it ready for hanging. If you need assistance with supplies, please notify your instructor to contact us.

 

Submissions will be accepted January 22-25, 2022. The gallery is located at 109 North 4th Street in downtown Bismarck and is open Monday - Saturday 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.

 

Submission of your artwork grants The Capital Gallery and its partners permission to use your name and images of your artwork for promotional purposes.

 

Pricing and Commission

You have the option of entering a piece of artwork that can be purchased. Please indicate on your entry form if you wish to sell your artwork.70% of the artwork students listed for sale in our 2021 art fair sold. If you need guidance on pricing your artwork, we can assist you.

 

If your piece sells, you will receive a commission of 60% of the retail price, which is the same as artists represented by The Capital Gallery. The remaining 40% will be added to The Capital Gallery Student Art Fund, which helps support student artists when they need assistance with supplies or educational materials, and is the source of our Student Art Scholarship.

 

Awards and Reception

Artwork will be selected for awards of excellence and prizes will be awarded in several categories, determined by the art fair partners and sponsor, and will be presented to students at a special reception, date to be announced.

 

To learn more about the gallery, our mission, and our artists, please visit our website, TheCapitalGallery.com and YouTube Channel. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram to see updates of artwork showcased in the Student Art Fair. 

 

Questions? Contact Marci or David at 701-751-1698 or email Marci@TheCapitalGallery.com